Day 321: Present our new home
July 20, 2011 § Leave a comment
Last night I posted my very own version of House Hunters: Cincinnati.
There were four options: The Little Stinker, The Time Warp, The Split-Level Loft and the CincItalian Villa. I presented some of the pros and cons of each, and I did it in such a way that our decision seemed (relatively) ambiguous. In some ways it was unfair to ask, as I never explicitly stated our criteria. These were the three key factors:
- Interior (Square footage, condition, floors, counter tops, etc.)
- Cost (I realize I didn’t include prices)
Now, without further ado, the winner is…
It is the best combination: excellent location, wood floors, lots of space, granite counter tops and great price. The walls are painted in interesting colors, and it even allows pets, which means we’re considering getting a dog. Admittedly, the laundry situation isn’t great, but I can handle a few stairs. We’re not big fans of how the building looks on the outside, but you only ever see it for a couple minutes each day when coming or going. The inside is much more important. Furthermore, the unit has a huge guest room. So all of you can come visit.
- The Little Stinker – Price and size. It had so many rooms that they would be difficult to fill, and some were strangely shaped. Also, living in a house like this seemed a little bit too suburban for a young couple. And the smell didn’t help.
- The Time Warp – No one guessed this option. Which means I’m assuming you all saw the upstairs carpet. Gross.
- The CincItalian Villa – Location was just way too isolated. I wanted to be somewhat within walking distance of shops and restaurants. It also suffered from the same suburban issue as The Little Stinker.
THANKS FOR PLAYING.