Day 309: Live like a bachelor
July 8, 2011 § 1 Comment
I have never lived alone.
I went straight from living at home to living in college dorms to living with Stephanie. With her now gone for a month in Portland, and then moving to Cincinnati before I graduate, this is the first time I’ve lived in a place that is really just my own. The only person I have to answer to is myself, and that’s a little bit scary.
I’ll give you some examples. Today I…
- ate cold deep dish for breakfast.
- walked around naked.
- left the toilet seat up.
- did pushups on the floor and dripped sweat on the carpet.
- drank milk from the carton.
- had beer and PB&J in a pita pocket for dinner.
- napped on the floor.
- watched Ridley Scott’s Robin Hood on my laptop while simultaneously leaving muted ESPN on the TV in the background.
It’s a freedom that I, quite clearly, am still learning how to use. God save us all.