Day 173: Make human flesh
February 23, 2011 § Leave a comment
There are three glass Pyrex full of human flesh in our refrigerator.
Of course, it isn’t real human flesh – it’s “ballistic gelatin,” made to feel like skin. This is one of the many “benefits” of living with an engineer getting her masters in design.
Steph has been working on a developing medical device, and is finally at the prototyping stage. This means she needs fake human flesh to stick with a syringe.
So, I decided to help her out by making some flesh of my own.
Steph found the recipe in a youtube video, in which this 12-year-old kid walks you through the entire process:
In case you want to make your own flesh at home but don’t want to sit through the video, here’s how to do it:
1. Buy Knox Gelatine – Unflavored Original. For every four packets of gelatine, use one cup of water.
2. Fill bowl with water and slowly stir as you pour in gelatine.
3. Let sit in fridge for 2 hours
4. Turn stove on to medium heat
5. Put gelatine in pie pan on hot stove
6. Let gelatine melt. It may help to cut into smaller pieces
7. Once melted, add some cinnamon to prevent air bubbles
8. Put back in fridge for 12 hours
9. And BAM – YOU HAVE SKIN! Do with it what you will.