Day 42: Have my brain melt after 7 hours of lectures about my future
October 14, 2010 § Leave a comment
Today my class rode the L to the downtown newsroom where we’ll be spending the majority of our time next quarter. We will choose specific beats, and spend our days (and nights) posting content to the Medill Reports: Chicago website. Expect a post and some good pictures of the newsroom early next quarter.
Lecture after lecture outlined the many paths down which our education can tread and the impact it may have on our future. The following are the revelations that ensued:
1) Next quarter I am going to report on the Health and Science scene in Chicago. I may come here for story ideas, so start your brainstorming now.
2) I am going to be a Magazine Writing and Editing major.
3) I would rather stab a fork into my thigh than be a Public Affairs reporter.
4) The human brain can endure about four hours of lecture before speakers begin to sound like adults in the Peanuts movies.
5) A two hour commute is going to seriously suck.